Who is Listed as Host

Who is Listed as Host


Dear Wendy,
Can you please help me? The problem is with my wedding invitations, you see, My (Bride) parents are paying for almost all of the wedding with the help of myself and the Groom. The Grooms parents have said that they don't want anything to do with the wedding, costs or anything else, they have also said that they might not even come to the wedding. My question is whose names should be on the invitations? I think that only my parents names should be on it because they are hosting but my mom says that both sets of parents should be included because this is tradition. Who is right? Please email me with a response as soon as possible.

Thank you very much,
Shelley
Hi Shelley,
Traditionally speaking, it is the parents or individuals that "host" the celebration whose names are on the invitation. With this in mind, I would list only your parents. Many a couple in these modern times host their own wedding, which is why you see "Mary and Samuel invite you ... ". Or perhaps you have seen the above including the addition of "with their parents". This is used when the couple themselves, and both sets
of parents are hosting. I have come across many invitations that have the bride and groom's parents listed even though they are not financially helping. This is respectful acknowledgment, however, in your case I would not list his parents due to their open unwillingness to share in the joy. Naturally these are only examples, and you should use the wording that you feel most comfortable with.
Happiness always,
Wendy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top