Walking Down The Aisle

Walking Down The Aisle

Walking Down The Aisle

Is there a specific way to "walk down the aisle?" I want to go slow, its going to be the only time I ever get to do this. How can I make sure I'm not going TOO slow? Should I just go with the music? How do I know when to actually start walking? I really need some advice! Thanks! Julie
Walking up the aisle and back down the aisle with your new husband can almost look like a race sometimes. Not that it is meant to, it's just those nerves that take over. Measure the distance from the back of your aisle to the front. Make
a practice aisle at home. Play the music and get familiar with where you are at what point in the song. If you do it enough times it will become second nature. This also is the best way to find out if your selected song is a bit too short or way to long. You don't want to be standing at the altar waiting and waiting for it to finish. I like to tell brides to stand for a moment at the back of the aisle and the let music play for a bit. It lets you take in the view of the church, your guests and your groom before beginning the walk up.
The same goes for after you are announced Mr. & Mrs. Let the music play some before you begin your exit. It gives the opportunity to kiss, slowly turn to receive your flowers from your maid of honor and look out into the smiling faces of your
family and friends, glance back at each other one last time as if to say, "here we go", and then begin your exit. Enjoy the moment and soak it in.
Happiness always,
Wendy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top