Finding Wedding Music

Finding Wedding Music

Finding Wedding Music


Dear Wendy,
Here's the problem in a nutshell; where can I find an instrumental cassette of "I Only Have Eyes For You"? My fiancee's niece has offered to sing at our wedding and this is what I'd like as our processional. My wedding is in 28 days so time is crucial. I live in a very small northeast Oklahoma town and there no music stores or wedding stores, basically just Wal-Mart. Tulsa is about an hour away but I don't know where to start looking. Is there any way you can help?
Thanks in advance,
Sandy
Hi Sandy,
As your question was a little bit out of my league I seeked some advice from one of my partners in crime. Below is his answer. If you would like to speak with him directly here is his email address: jam4u@myriad.net
Happiness always, Wendy

And now for Sandy's question.....
I'm going to assume since she's having someone sing at her wedding, that she is looking for a Karaoke version of the song 'I ONLY HAVE EYES FOR YOU" by the Flamingos ( charted 6/1/59-HOT 100..#11)
What I recommend is for her to check with large chain stores in the OK area...such as Hastings.. Tower Records....even places like
Target...RadioShack...and yes Wal-mart or Sam's Club.....carry some sort of Karaoke cassettes...I'm sure they can mail her the tape if she has a credit card....or mail them a check or money order...and if they don't ...they can put her in touch with a company that does....SOUND CHOICE is one company that comes to my mind that sells Karaoke music....
Also....she might be able to go to a near by club or place that has a Karaoke night and talk to the Karaoke Jock.....they may have a copy that they can run off for her....or check with her local radio station....sometimes they may have an instrumental of the song that they use for some background music for one of their commercials....
If she has access to the Internet ...there are some sites that do
nothing but sell Karaoke music....and they do mail order....just search for KARAOKE.....
I hope that my assuming that she's looking for a Karaoke version is correct....if not...let me know....she might be able to use an instrumentalist doing the song....check for people like Ray Anthony.....Ray Conniff...but she might want to listen to them before she purchases a version by an instrumentalist....they
have a tendency to change the song up a little bit....
Let me know how it turns out.....
Sincerely,
John Q.
The Music Authority

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top