Outside Wedding



Outside Wedding





I would love to have an outside wedding. I don't want anything fancy, just plain and simple. I have planned for the wedding to take place on June 19, 1999. Do you have any suggestions on how to decorate for an outside wedding?

If I have a church wedding I would like to have the cake in the church reception hall and then plan for everyone to go and change clothes and then have a big fish fry and low country boil outside.
If I was to have the wedding outside it would take place at my brothers house where he has about 6 acres of flat land up on a hill in the most perfect setting. This is also the place I wish to have the dinner. I will also have a band booked for the outside dinner. 
Do you think this sounds like a good idea??? Should I plan for both in case of rain??? 
Any info will be greatly appreciated. 
Martha
Hi Martha,
When working with nature I always say less is best. Let the beauty of the surroundings be your focal point. Add subtle touches here and there. Your altar needs little accent if you allow the landscape to be your backdrop. Centerpieces need not be as elaborate nor necessarily the same on every table. Small bouquets of flowers tied with a narrow ribbon and placed in a ginger jar give the impression of a bouquet recently scooped up from the garden.
It is always wise to have a back up plan whenever you are planning an outdoor affair. By thinking ahead, your save yourself a great amount of stress if the weather should take a turn for the worse.
One word of caution - verify the lighting source is adequate. I've seen many a party end early due to the quest's inability to see. And be sure to plan for nature's creatures … mosquitoes, knats, flys, crickets, etc.
Happiness always,
Wendy

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top